The assembly of the SV4 stampe in 85 cm epp is advancing and almost nearing its end. To start, I cut the location of the aileron servos which were then glued on site
Installation of elevator and rudder servos. They are glued with a drop of hot glue.
Horns are glued on the rear tail
To continue, I installed the flaps controls (ailerons, and elevator). I used a special indoor fine metal rod on the horns and servo paddles connected to a carbon rod. The assembly is secured by a heat-shrinkable sheath and taking care, of course, to adjust the control surfaces to neutral.
The ESC is a 6A, the receiver is a special indoor futaba of approximately 5 g.
Finally, a compulsory passage on the scale. The beast has grown (too much). it now weighs 98 g. it remains the landing gear and the engine to fix. I expect 30 g more
The assembly of the stampe continues with the installation of hinges on the control surfaces of ailerons. I use mini hinges which I find top for planes of this scale.
Once the glue dried, I realized the « joining » of the ailerons of both high and low wing. To do this, I used a 0.8 mm carbon rod between the 2 ailerons and I used a piece of heat shrink tubing to fix it. It is of course necessary to ensure that the flap of the 2 wings are well neutral.
Then I heated the thermo sheath. Don’t forget to put an aluminum foil to avoid melting the epp. Yes, it happens, it even happened to me on this one, but nothing serious.
The aircraft is weighed once all of the control surfaces are installed. The weight is now of 57 g.
The stampe consists of 2 wings cut in one piece each, the ruder and the rudder flap, as well as the elevator and its flaps. The fuselage consists of 3 parts, 2 parts constituting the vertical seat and a horizontal part which will be located between the 2 vertical parts.
I started by laying the horizontal part flat on the work surface. I added the lower vertical part of the fuselage and I kept the assembly at 90 ° with wedges and clamps. I then glued using cyano fluid, trying to put as little as possible.
Once dry, I put the low wing upside down and maintained it on the work surface with weights at the ends, and I just stick in place the vertical and horizontal lower part of the fuselage.
It’s time to lay the shrouds on which the upper wing will rest. They are made of carbon plate 3 x 1 mm
Then is the installation of the upper wing. This step is the most delicate, because you have to be careful to maintain both wings parallels. You can see in the photos below that the little brother is watching.
Weighing of the structure at this point of construction. The set weighs 45 g and is 7 g higher compared to all the elements cut out before painting.
A photo of the 2 versions so that you can see the scale
Yes the decoration is very important. The desire to build airplanes is the realization of a dream that we have by admiring the real one.
No exception to this rule for the stampe. The idea of the mini and of this one was born after a visit to the stamp workshop at Angers airport. And especially this one.
When I build an indoor plane, it’s not a question of making a model scale perfectly exact, but just to personalize it to make it look like. My stampe will therefore take on the characteristics of this model.
So I added masks to paint it.
Few pictures bellow of the plane parts after painting and adding of the registration number.
A new project of indoor plane, which is following my mini SV4. The latter is flying quite well, but a little too fast. I wanted to built a new one larger and hopefully light. the aim is to have a larger wing surface and consequently a low wing load. This model will be built in epp 3mm.
I used the mini sv4 plan that I increased to have a wingspan of 85 cm (33.5 inches). this plan allowed me to keep the original shape.
I added 2 cm(0.79 inche) to the noise to facilitate the balance of the plane.The assembly and reinforcments will be differents. I have to think again and find the best solution. Below is a picture of the various structural parts.
For the wings, I slide a carbon plate reinforcement of 3mm x 0.5 mm. I have Glued with cyano. I took care not to load too much glue.
The weight of the cut pieces is 37.5 g, carbon reinforcements included.