Hood and fairing surface finishing

I have made good progress in finishing my hood and fairings. After using an epoxy resin loaded with microballoon, I took a waxed gel coat that I spread. I think this step was too much, because this gel coat has dried badly, despite respecting the paraffin and the catalyst…. It’s not easy to sand either. And besides, since I didn’t like the finish, I had to sand hard to remove the paraffin. Here is a photo of the rendering.

I then put a cellulose putty for the finish.

Sanding is easy with water. There are still some flaws that will require a last little coat, but I’m really very close to the final version

Auteur : eol37

Biologist and scientist in my public life, I've been building rc airplanes since I was 14... Biologiste et scientifique dans ma vie publique, je construis des avions rc depuis mes 14 ans...

Votre commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Google

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Google. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l’aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion /  Changer )

Connexion à %s

Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur la façon dont les données de vos commentaires sont traitées.